Visiting your premises
Shell Energy or one of our third-party representatives may need to gain access to your property for a number of reasons, including:
- To read or maintain a meter.
- To install a different type of meter or associated equipment.
- To check your supply after a supply interruption.
- To disconnect supply following non-payment. This will be in line with our contractual agreement.
- To resolve an emergency loss of supply.
Site access identification
Your security is our priority. We take steps to ensure our representatives can be easily identified and that they always act in an appropriate manner. When one of our team or representatives visit your property, they will:
- Show you their identity card.
- Provide the reason for the visit.
- Disclose their full name and outline their association with Shell Energy.
If anyone should attend your site and you suspect they are not genuine then do not let them in.
If you wish to confirm any of their details, you can contact us on 0330 088 2679 or call the police straight away.
When we’ll visit your site
When we schedule a site visit, we aim to offer a time and date that suits you and your business.
In normal circumstances, we won’t visit your premises before 8am or after 8pm. We will also aim to provide sufficient notice of a site visit via telephone, email or letter.
Emergency site visits may result in less notice and a requirement to attend your premises outside of our usual operating hours.
The Shell Energy team and our third-party representatives undergo thorough selection and training. This ensures they are able to undertake a professional job on our behalf. The team will also be:
- Open to let you know who they are and which company they represent.
- Able to clearly run you through what they are doing on site and why.
- Fully trained and qualified to carry out the work required.
- Polite and respectful of you and your premises.
- Adhering to relevant health and safety measures.
- Able to advise who to contact should you have any further queries.
Where possible, the team will wear a uniform or identity badge and their vehicle will display their company logo. If it’s a third-party representative their branding will represent their own company.
If you have previously set up a password with us, our team or representatives will be made aware of this before attending your site.
Our commitment to you
We are committed to providing the highest standards of customer service. Our micro-business customers can view our site appointment Guaranteed Standards that outline our commitments and compensation arrangements.
Site access complaints
At Shell Energy, we take complaints seriously. If you are not fully satisfied with a site visit carried out by Shell Energy or one of our third-party representatives, then contact our team so we can fully investigate.
Get in touch
If you have any queries or concerns about site visits, please get in touch. Our team will be happy to help.
If you would like to seek independent advice, your business can call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline.