SMETS2 Aclara meter
It’s likely that SMS will install a SMETS2 Aclara smart meter at your premises. Below is a handy guide to read your Aclara meter.
Reading your smart electricity meter
- Locate the reading menu by pressing button B until you see ‘Total…’ or ‘TOU...’ displayed.
- This means that you’re in the ‘Reads’ menu. Now press button A to scroll through the ‘Reads’ menu. You’ll see options called ‘Total Active Import kWh’, ‘Total Active Export kWh’ and ‘TOU Rate 1’.
- The meter reading that’s used for your billing is TOU Rate 1 for single-rate tariffs, and both TOU Rate 1 and TOU Rate 2 for two-rate tariffs.
Read your smart gas meter
- Press any button to wake up the display or navigate to the default display.
- The gas meter reading is displayed as ‘V’ (for volume). This is shown in cubic meters (m3). Ignore the decimal places.
Please note: An in-house display (IHD) will not be provided as part of a standard installation.