You may have an older meter which features several mechanical dials. If you have one of these meters, the readout will look something like the diagram below:
How to read a dial meter
- Read the number from left to right.
- Include all numbers from the left to the right, including zeros.
- Exclude any numbers after the decimal point, or any red dials.
- Adjacent dials turn in opposite directions.
- The number and position of dials may vary.
- If the pointer is between two ﬁgures, always read the lowest of the 2 numbers (so if the pointer is between 5 and 6, the number you read is 5).
- If the pointer is directly on a number, for example 7, look at the next dial to the right. If that dial on the right is between 9 and 0, you read 6 for the initial dial. If the dial on the right is between 0 and 1, you read 7 for the initial dial.
- Always provide any zeroes to the left of the decimal point part of your reading.
How to send your readings to us
By email – to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any issues? Contact our team.