If you can smell burning, see fire or arcing or there are carbon monoxide fumes
Call 0330 0945 800 and select option 9 to report the issue immediately.
- Smell gas
- Think you have a gas leak
- Are worried about carbon monoxide fumes
Call 0800 111 999 for free 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
In the event of a gas emergency
- Open doors and windows manually to allow ventilation (if the smell is indoors)
- Turn off gas at the emergency control valve by the meter, if accessible – normally turned off when the handle is at right angles to the pipe
- Avoid or put out any naked flames safely.
- Open electrical security entry doors or locks
- Turn any electrical switches on or off
- Use mobile phones
- Turn on any gas appliances
- Strike any matches or do anything that could ignite the gas.