Struggling to pay for your energy?
If you’re struggling to settle your invoice, please talk to us– we’ll try our best to help.
Call us on 0330 094 9184 or email us at email@example.com with your account number and up-to-date meter reading to hand.
We'll consider your circumstances, so you'll need to tell us about your situation.
Let us know as soon as possible
The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can try to help resolve your issue.
If you don’t let us know you’re having trouble, we might have to:
- Apply extra charges and interest in addition to the amount owed in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
- Apply for a County Court Judgement which may impact your future credit rating.
- Disconnect your energy supply.
Failure to pay your bill may result in interest being charged to your account and other actions being taken under our Terms and Conditions of Supply.
How to make payment
Visit our How to Pay page to view our available payment methods.
Making it easier to pay
Get in touch to discuss options available to you which might help to manage your energy costs.
- Direct Debit – Set up a Direct Debit to ensure you never miss a payment.
- Restructure your payments – spread your debt into regular instalments.
- Installing an Automated Meter Reading (‘AMR’) data logger –record your daily gas and electricity meter usage to ensure your bills are accurate.
- Energy saving advice – Find out how to save energy and money.
Disconnection is a last resort. We’ll work with you to explore every avenue for you to clear your debt and give you lots of warning before we apply for a disconnection warrant.
Access independent advice
You can contact:
- Citizens Advice consumer helpline - they can give you advice about your business’s energy contract and help you understand your rights
- Business Debtline - they can give you free debt advice if you have a small business or you’re self employed