A lot of meters are electronic digital meters, that show digits on an electronic LED or LCD screen. Here’s an example:
How to read an electronic digital meter
- Read the numbers from left to right
- Include all numbers from the left to the right, including zeros
- Exclude any numbers after a decimal point.
Multiple screens on electronic digital meters
If the electronic digital meter shows one screen with one meter read on it, or has many screens showing many different pieces of information:
- Press the (usually) blue button to cycle through the screens
- Different electronic meters go through the information in different orders. Letters or numbers will come up on the display to show which rate the reading is for. Look for
- R1 or R2
- 1 or 2
- L or N
- Read the meter by including all numbers from the left to the right, including zeros
- Exclude any numbers after the decimal points
- Include reads for all rates that your meter cycles through.
How to send your readings to us
By email – to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any issues? Contact our team.